Tuesday 26 March 2013

Inspiration Fix: Wool House

Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University
Being a knitter, I am naturally a big fan of wool. Proper wool-wool. Not cheapy acrylic yarn. But I hadn't really heard about The Campaign For Wool until I heard about the Wool House Event at Somerset House. Wool House was the biggest ever celebration of wool and I'm so glad I got to visit.
Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University
This rug was beautiful. Weaving is amazing.
Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University
Weaving is a relatively new discovery of mine, that I am absolutely fascinated by, so looking at the variety of looms at work in the exhibition was fascinating. A total highlight for me.
Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University
These swatches by Anna Wilkinson - author of Learn to Knit, Love to Knit - and a newfound inspiration to me, are so beautiful. They were possibly my favourite exhibit on show. I love colour work.
Into The Treasure Box Woolhouse Campaign for wool Somerset House Amy Edwards Green Illustration Kingston University
It may sound silly, but I'm so grateful they didn't have anything for sale, or I'd have spent an absolute fortune! For more information about Wool House, The Campaign For Wool and some gorgeous photographs check out their site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment