Saturday 2 March 2013

Drawings: People Looking At Maps

Into The Treasure Box Sewing V And A Museum Drawing Maps People Looking At Maps Amy Edwards Green Kingston University Illustration
These are two of my favourite drawings / collages from this term's self directed work - in an effort to capture the atmosphere at the V&A, I sat for a while in front of one of the large maps in the foyer, drawing people who approached it on sheets of tracing paper, that I later overlaid onto sheets torn from the map of the museum. This is an idea I rather like, simple and effective. I think I'm definitely going to try similar approaches with different locations and tourist attractions.
Into The Treasure Box Sewing V And A Museum Drawing Maps People Looking At Maps Amy Edwards Green Kingston University Illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment